Wednesday 29 January 2014

2014 Reading Plans!

Hey there, 

          I'm quite on a roll with these posts. Unfortunately, that's how I work, I'm binge posting. This post should have actually been written and post at the beginning of the year but alas, that's not how the cake was baked. 

         Last year, I set myself a challenge of reading 100 books in 2013. I failed deplorably.This year I contemplated setting myself something a little less, but I'm stubborn so we're sticking with the 100. I did a bit of planning in terms of how I'm going to attempt to complete this challenge. I gave myself a number of books that I want to read in the upcoming months. The number is based on the amount work I have to do in the months.
January- 5 (I am proud to say that I completed this)
February- 5 
March- 4 
April- 4 
May- 4
June- 6
July- 12
August- 12
September- 12
October- 10
November- 10
December- 10
This brings us to a grand total of 94 books and I know, that's not 100 but I'm hoping I can squeeze those 6 other books somewhere in there. 

Along with planning when I'll read, I also downloaded a bunch of books on my kindle/have some in hard copy, so that it's already there when I want to read. These include:

The Other Countess- Eve Edwards (read)

A Great and Terrible Beauty (Gemma Doyle # 1)- Libba Bray (read)

Rebel Angels (Gemma Doyle # 2)- Libba Bray (read)

The Sweet Far Thing (Gemma Doyle # 3)- Libba Bray (read)

The Ocean at the End of the Lane- Neil Gaiman (read)

The Queen's Lady- Eve Edwards

A Game of Thrones- George R.R Martin

Lily of the Nile (Cleopatra's Daughter # 1)- Stephanie Dray

Memoirs of a Geisha- Arthur Golden

Just One Year (Just One Day # 2)- Gayle Forman

Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle # 1)- Christopher Paolini

The Hobbit + The Lord of the Rings trilogy- J.R.R Tolkin (I want to reread these)

City of Heavenly Souls (The Mortal Instruments # 6)- Cassandra Clare

The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines # 4)- Richelle Mead

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer- Michelle Hodkin

Crown Duel- Sherwood Smith

Court Duel- Sherwood Smith

I also want to read more classics this year, including Dickens, Austen and a bunch of others. 

And that's it for now. Here's hoping I complete my challenge! Drop a comment or message me letting me know what your reading plans are. 
Until next time, toodle-loo :) xo



No comments:

Post a Comment