Friday 12 July 2013

Cassandra Clare Quotes?



Hey there,
As you can tell by my previous post, I have read and am a fan of most of Cassie Clare's works. I must admit though that The Mortal Instruments series was not one of my favourites. Nonetheless, I find that Clare's books have quite entertaining and often humorous dialogue/language. She is a genius there. Anyway, I thought I would share some of my favourite quotes (not the best word to use) or dialogue. Here they are:

The Mortal Instruments: 

  • “Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?'

Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
..."At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland."
"Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting.” 


  • “Jesus!" Luke exclaimed.

"Actually, it's just me," said Simon. "Although I've been told the resemblance is startling.” 

  • “We came to see Jace. Is he alright?"

"I don't know," Magnus said. "Does he normally just lie on the floor like that without moving?” 

  • “Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you’d get dressed up in a nurse’s outfit and give me a sponge bath?" asked Jace.

"It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath."
"As soon as I’m back on my feet, handsome," said Simon.
"I knew we should have left you a rat.” 

  • “I am a man" he told her, "and men do not consume pink beverages. Get thee gone woman, and bring me something brown.” 


  • “Well, I’m not kissing the mundane," said Jace. "I’d rather stay down here and rot."

"Forever?" said Simon. "Forever’s an awfully long time."
Jace raised his eyebrows. "I knew it," he said. "You want to kiss me, don’t you?” 

  • “Malachi scowled. "I don't remember the Clave inviting you into the Glass City, Magnus Bane."

"They didn't," Magnus said. "Your wards are down."
"Really?" the Consul's voice dripped sarcasm. "I hadn't noticed."
Magnus looked concerned. "That's terrible. Someone should have told you." He glanced at Luke. "Tell him the wards are down.” 


  • “Just because you call an electric eel a rubber duck doesn't make it a rubber duck, does it? And God help the poor bastard who decides they want to take a bath with the duckie."


  • “I've got a stele we can use. Who wants to do me?"

"A regrettable choice of words," muttered Magnus.” 

  • “So when the moon's only partly full, you only feel a little wolfy?" 

"You could say that."
"Well, you can go ahead and hang your head out the car window if you feel like it."
"I'm a werewolf, not a golden retriever.” 


  • “What are all these?" Clary asked.

"Vials of holy water, blessed knives, steel and silver blades," Jace said, piling the weapons on the floor beside him, "electrum wire - not much use at the moment but it's always good to have spares - silver bullets, charms of protetion, crucifixes, stars of David-"
"Jesus," said Clary
"I doubt he'd fit."
"Jace." Clary was appalled.

  • “I guess it’s true what they say," observed Jace. "There are no straight men in the trenches."

          "That’s atheists, jackass," said Simon furiously. "There are no atheists in the trenches.”

 The Infernal Devices: 



  • “You know," Gabriel said, "there was a time I thought we could be friends, Will."

"There was a time I thought I was a ferret," Will said, "but that turned out to be the opium haze. Did you know it had that effect? Because I didn't.” 

  • “Remember when you tried to convince me to feed a poultry pie to the mallards in the park to see if you could breed a race of cannibal ducks?" 

"They ate it too," Will reminisced. "Bloodthirsty little beasts. Never trust a duck.” 


  • “Ah,” said a voice from the doorway, “having your annual ‘everyone thinks Will is a lunatic’ meeting, are you? 

“It’s biannual,” said Jem. “And no, this is not that meeting.” 

  • “Are you implying that shreds of my reputation remain intact?" Will demanded with mock horror. "Clearly I have been doing something wrong. Or not something wrong, as the case may be." 

He banged on the side of the carriage. "Thomas! We must away at once to the nearest brothel. I seek scandal and low companionship.” 

  • “They’re not hideous,” said Tessa.

Will blinked at her. “What?”
“Gideon and Gabriel,” said Tessa. “They’re really quite good-looking, not hideous at all.”
“I spoke,” said Will, in sepulchral tones, “of the pitch-black inner depths of their souls.”
Tessa snorted. “And what color do you suppose the inner depths of your soul are, Will Herondale?”
“Mauve,” said Will.” 


  • “Trains are great dirty smoky things," said Will. "You won't like it." 

Tessa was unmoved. "I won't know if I like it until I try it, will I?" 
"I've never swum naked in the Thames before, but I know I wouldn't like it." 
"But think how entertaining for sightseers," said Tessa, and she saw Jem duck his head to hide the quick flash of his grin.” 

I really love the ones from TID, Will is such a charming and amusing character. I find the similarities between him and Jace to be quite striking. Genetics really is a funny thing. Anyway, I have probably forgotten some, so let me know if there are others you liked or which ones are your favourites. 

Until next time, toodles :) xx


No comments:

Post a Comment